In today’s time-poor society where everyone leads a busy lifestyle, it is especially important that we try to make the most of our spare time doing what we love and spending the least amount of time doing things we don’t. One of these things includes showering. Some people may find it to be a relaxing experience that they look forward to after a long day at work, while others may find it to be a tedious chore that must be completed every day.
This blog post will be focusing on the advantages of selecting a walk-in shower or a bathtub for your next bathroom renovation.
A major factor to consider when deciding is how your family uses the bathroom too. Do you have small children to bathe? Do you have elderly family members who may find it difficult to get in and out the bathtub? Do your teenage children often spend hours sitting in the bathtub to relieve muscle tension? These are just a few of the factors that must be considered before going either route.
ADVANTAGE OF A WALK-IN SHOWER
- Does not take up as much room as a bathtub (more room for a double vanity!)
- More energy and water-efficient than a bathtub (to an extent)
- Simple for everyday use (more user-friendly for those that have accessibility issues)
- Provides a more modern feeling to your bathroom (but you can definitely choose more traditional or industrial style if that’s what you’re after!)
- Simple to clean and maintain
- Increases your property value
ADVANTAGE OF A BATHTUB
- You can sit and relax in a body of warm water
- Customisable jet streams to control water pressure and temperature
- Makes bathing small children easier
- You may be able to install a shower head on the wall that can turn your bathtub into a walk-in shower
- If you are prone to taking longer showers and want to be energy and water efficient, bathtubs may be the choice for you
Whatever your choice is, you can definitely find a walk-in shower or bathtub that will suit your budget and your requirements.